Monday, June 23, 2008

Here goes Meme!

Few days ago, I have been tagged by Marianne, for a Meme...

As a good girl too, I now take the time to respond to it.


The Rules: Rules are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player tags someone(or someones) and posts their name(s). Then the player goes to each of the “named” people’s blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged. If you’ve been tagged, you do the same, letting the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer. Your answer is the answer to the following questions.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was 15 going on 16, first year of High School (within 3) and it was the last academic year of fun because we did not have final exams! The before-the last year you have to take the French exam of the Baccalauréat and the year after, all the other courses.

I remember that, that year, there had been many strikes (teachers and students) and I took advantage of lots of them! In Seconde, you finish school in early June so you have three months off instead of two!

1998, was of course, the soccer World Cup in France! I watched a lot of games, especially at the end. I had never been interested in soccer before... I think many women and many French people had not been before that! And 1998 is the year, France got crowned World Champion! What a victory. Last week, France did not even pass the quarter-final... what a shame! The glorious French soccer team no longer exists.

It was time of innocence... wished I could be older and wiser but never thought work life (and life sometimes) would be so hard as an adult.


2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?

- Go to my appointment to the hair dresser in Paris at 10am (check!)

- Do some quick food shopping back home (hum... I took a lighter wallet and forgot the paying card of the supermarket, will go tomorrow...)

- Write the Meme on my blog (check!)

- Do my week schedule/agenda/planning (being done...)

- Send some CVs/résumés and take addresses of firms to go and give my CV in person/to the receptionist/put in mailbox this week (to do...)


3. Snacks I enjoy:

- cereals with fresh skimmed milk (I would eat that all day long, every day...)

- salty snack (crackers, chips/crisps, etc.) but do not buy them so that I will not eat them in 5 minutes

- fruit and/or yogurt and/or tea


- candies (same as salty snacks)

4. Places I’ve lived:

Paris (well, East suburb) for 26 years

Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA for 5 months

Nice/St Laurent du Var (French Riviera): I have spent so many times there, at my sister's since I was born, I even stayed there for 2 months in 2002 for vacation and then a summer job, it is as if I had lived there

Paris (West suburb) in just a month with new love...

5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

I often thought about what I would do if I won the Lottery...

The first thing would be... a motorbike! I so want to have my own, it has been 4 months since I passed the moto license and still no money to buy one.

A second moto for me and D.

A car.

Offer a great birthday to D.

Offer me a girl-in-need butt surgery...

Hire a sport coach.

Do all the extreme sports I dream to do but cost some money

A flat in Paris. A flat on the Atlantic coast. A flat on the French Riviera. A mas to my mom (Provence little house/farm with animals). A house in England and a flat in London. A flat in Rome and a house in Tuscany near the sea. A flat in NYC and one in California.

Travel..... a lot.... very much... so much....

Help my family and give presents to the friends who deserve them

Give to charities

Build my own business or, like Marianne, buy my way into a great job! lol

Invest

... and not change anything else to my life, unless not caring about the price of food or clothes (but would still go to the same H&M stores and others...)



Now I pass the baton to Annie, Penelope and Onadrought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you mention St Laurent du Var and Nice. I did a séjour linguistique in Nice for a few weeks in the summer of 2000, and went windsurfing at St Laurent du Var. :)

Penelope said...

Interesting to see what people did 10 years ago in different countries and different ages! Thanks for the invitation I will follow some time in the future I've done something similar lately, but not the billionaire stuff. So If I was billionaire I will give away the one million away to charities so I think I can manage better the situation with the 1 million! xx

Marianne said...

Ah this is great! Thanks for doing it, I have LOVED reading what you were all up to 10 years ago especially. I also SO want a moped - the only way to get round Paris for sure. I really do hope we all become billionnaires, we've go such good ideas! x M