Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pump it!


Last year, well, December 2007, I decided handle my health and body seriously. I used to go to a little fitness club in Paris but as I just paid each session and did not registered, and also because I had to take the train to go there, I would not go very often. So, I took advantage of a special offer to register to a nice big fitness club in the town where I lived, in the region Commercial Center, very practical, 10min away from home by car. I instantly became addicted to being a sporty girl as I discovered the Body Pump! It is a course that lasts 55 minutes and contains 8 muscle-group specific songs, it is nice to work with music and I found this course very entertaining! Along with more traditional abs & butt courses or stretching course, I just loved BP and I had to have my dose each week, like an addict! lol

Indeed, I began to like this challenging course, you handle your weight bar and day after day, you put heavier weights on it, it is also nice to feel this healthy tiredness at the end of the day.

Since I moved, last summer, I tried to go to the fitness club in my former town twice a week, would slept at my mom's who still lives there, it was not practical but since I have not being working from October to December, I could do it.

My subscription ended in late December so I had to find another fitness club. I decided to register to closest one in my new town, that is near the train station and 15min away from home by foot (or 5 min by bus). I went there for the first time last Monday. It is not as nice and cool and big as my former club but it is okay. On Monday, I will go after my work day, as I finish at 6pm. Last week, there were so many people, the club was crowded and you had to wait your turn to be able to jump on a bycicle or another cardio machine. The BP course was also very crowded and you could barely see the coach on her platform.

I went back there yesterday, and thought it would also be crowded because, it is the weekend and places like that are generally full on people days off... but it was not. It was kind of empty! And it is like that every weekend, people use to come on Monday or between 5 to 7pm. It was nice to have ones own space to practice correctly and jump from one cardio machine to another or in the muscle-building machines. I will definitely go more often in the weekend!

A little more than a year ago, I was far from being a sporty person, I would not go as a pleasure activity, now, I could not imagine leaving without sport. And when, I cannot go at least once a week, I feel bad, sore, old and stressed! lol

I also need to have a good health and sport condition for my HNJ wink, so it is more than a good motivation!

Tomorrow evening, I am going again for a BP course and will probably stay for a abs & butt course and then stretching course to feel good and have a nice sleep. biggrin

No comments: