Monday, May 05, 2008

23... let's see!...

This weekend was very warm and sunny in France and Paris. I was worried to leave Sisi alone but she seemed okay in her favorite place and I think she didn't move from there the whole afternoon.

On Saturday afternoon, I went for a walk in Paris with a friend (the only guy I met from Meetic, that has always and only been a friend wink), had a drink and rested under the sun.

Yesterday afternoon was... interesting! I met a young man I met on Match. Yes, what is it with this site, it seems all the French potential is gathered there only!biggrin

I received a nice email few days ago, simple, no poetry wink, did not want me to answer him right away as some can ask, I read his profile and there was just a snag, he is 23 and my age range is 26-30, because yes, you know, men are mature later than women in general, blah blah blah. mrgreen

But I liked his profile, he looked nice and... he's a moto rider! So I thought, why not, let's give it a try.

He was in vacation in the South of France last week, so we talked a lot on MSN the whole week and decided to meet yesterday. We had planned to spend the whole afternoon together and as I was waiting for him, I was scared he would not be nice or good looking or boring, who knows. I got there early and D was late (and then we say girls are always late! lol). He sent me at least 3 text messages to tell me he was going to be late, was sorry and would try to make it up.

When he finally arrived, I was surprised because he se
emed taller and older than on his profile pics! (he is 6 feet and I am 5.4). He told me he's going to turn 24 on early June, so we will just have one year difference during 3 months. We had a drink and talked about many things, work, moto (that's nice to have someone to talk about this!), family, etc.

I was surprised to see how easy it was to talk to each other, we had barely known each other for a week and only through Internet.

An hour later, we headed for one of the numerous museums of Paris, I had not been to this one for a very long time and I totally di
scovered it again. It was nice to do that with someone I didn't know but seemed to know quite some things about art. This guy seems to know about and be interested by many various subjects. We stayed till the closure and went and had another drink somewhere.

It was already 7pm and we took the metro back to Paris center where we wo
uld take our respective train back home. I didn't really know what to do and I was, for sure, not going to make the first move!rolleyes wink We exchanged some words about planing something again soon and said each goodbye.

I was in the train and started to write a text message when I received one from him saying "I also had a nice afternoon...". Later, when I was walking home from the station, I received another one, smiled because I felt it came from him, it was saying "I must have been unsettled by you because I took the wrong train". That was kind of funny and it also gave me some more information about his feelings...

In the evening, we talked again on Internet b
efore going to bed and taking care of little Sisi, from my side. Thursday is a bank holiday in France again, May 8th commemorates the end of WW2. But, he has to work so I thought we would only see each other again next weekend but, he had just been aware he had his Monday off, cool!

So, this afternoon we are going to the movies. He suggested the movies and I asked if he was used to go and watch original version movies and he said he was not used to it but was not against it, another good point!
biggrin

I am looking forward to this afternoon to see how it will go and if I'm still having positive feelings about "young boy"! wink

3 comments:

Marjolein said...

Sounds good! Have fun at the cinema! :)

Ashley said...

Sounds like a nice guy!
I wish you the best of luck!

Frogmae said...

Thanks you two!

xx